This type of campaign was designed to schedule a couple of Phishing Templates to a specific group of users during a period of time no longer than 2 months.
When creating a new campaign you need to take care of your timezone. Our application schedules all emails on your campaign based on your current timezone. Company Timezone is set at the company account level, you’ll need to navigate to the company settings page if you want to change it.
How To Schedule a Short Campaign
By navigating to campaigns tab from the left sidebar in your app, you will be redirected to the list of campaigns, click on "New Campaign" button and the app will immediately display a screen where you can select the type of campaign, you can select "Short Campaign" or "Long Campaign" (Remember: This could vary depending on the plan you have).
Once you clicked on "New Campaign" you will be redirected to a form where you should fill the following information:
On this part of the form would be necessary to fill the following fields:
- Campaign Name. (This is a required field, but don't worry, this name is for internal use only).
- Sending Strategy: In this section you can decide on how the simulated emails will be delivered. Learn more about each option here.
- Duration: When setting a date range for your campaign we recommend to set periods of 1 - 2 weeks or a month depending on the size of your company. You can opt to use our default values or choose a custom date period.
- Time Period: On this section you need configure the range of hours when emails will be sent, we recommend to use a period from 8:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Days: As well as choosing the range of hours, you also could define which days the emails would be sent. By enabling the option "Custom Days" you can manually select the days.
All the fields above are necessary to schedule a campaign, but if you want to skip all that settings and send all your emails immediately just enable the switch "Send all emails at once" and your campaign will be scheduled to be sent as soon as the form is completed.
Users could be targeted individually or by categories/groups. In order to schedule a campaign you must add at least 1 user.
You can opt to use our public library of templates or use private templates requested by your company (If you want to know how to request a custom template click here.
When adding templates to your campaign you need to keep in mind this:
- You can add up to 5 templates per campaign.
- Most of the templates have Custom Variables. When adding templates to your campaign you can customize part of the content on each template like: sender names, subjects and more. See more about Custom Variables.
- When adding Custom Variables to your templates you have the chance to see how them will look in live by clicking on the "Preview" button next to each template.
This option is only available for companies under plans Symbol Secure and SymbolSecure Managed.
Smart Training feature allows you to assign automatic training to your users based on their behavior during the campaign. When creating the campaign you just need to add conditions like these:
- Assign ABC Course after users Click on - XYZ Template.
After configuring those conditions Symbol will listen for all events during the campaign and will assign them "automagically" ?. Learn More about Smart Training by clicking here.
Once you have scheduled your campaign you will be able to monitor it by clicking on the name of your campaign from the campaigns' list. On this screen you can see detailed information about the behavior of each of your users such as how many emails have been sent and how many of them have been clicked.
Campaigns complete when the last day of the scheduled campaign arrives, but you also can complete them manually.
Note: Your campaigns could have up to 4 different statuses, click here to see what they are: Campaign Statuses.S Symbol is the author of this solution article.