M365 Integration is Available to help with User Management.
Symbol provides integration with M365 to enable the flow of data from M365 directly into the Symbol Security application. All your users and select information will be synced from M365, keeping your user population accurate and up to date.
Benefits of integrating M365:
- ‘Sync Now’ M365 synchronization mode available to synchronize user data between the Symbol platform and M365.
- Allows admins to Approve/Deny users before adding them to the list of users in the app. This feature helps manage the importation of group emails and other ‘non-user’ email addresses.
- If you are an MSP/MSSP, this integration allows you to set up a different M365 integration for each of your companies, allowing for ongoing automated upkeep of each company’s user list.
How to integrate M365:
Go to Company Settings
If you're an MSP partner go to the tab "Companies" from the left sidebar and click on the company where you want to add users. (Remember: M365 integration will be synced at each Company level, and not at the MSP level).
- Click on "Integrate M365" button.
- Ensure you are selecting the company that you want to integrate.
- Provide permissions to manage your users.
- Wait for Confirmation
As soon as the M365 account has successfully integrated you will get a confirmation banner alert notification in the same screen where you clicked the "Integrate M365" button. Additionally, you will receive an email notification regarding the integration if new users are located.
- Approve/Deny Users
Once you have integrated M365 with Symbol, the integration process of identifying and importing new users will begin. This step will take approximately 15-30 minutes depending on how many users you have in your population.
If the app finds users on your active directory you will receive an email alerting you that new users have been found, along with a link pointing to the "Pending For Approval" list where you can approve or Deny them. You can also log into your Symbol Admin portal directly and navigate to the company user section.
Remember: Users on the list of "Pending for Approval" wont be added on training or phishing campaigns. Symbol won't bill for those users unless you approve them.