Instructions on how to whitelist for Barracuda
Symbol Security IP Addresses to whitelist
- IP Address: 126.96.36.199
- IP Address: 188.8.131.52
- IP Address: 184.108.40.206
- IP Address : 220.127.116.11
- IP Address : 18.104.22.168
- IP Address : 22.214.171.124
symbolsecurity.com (notifications for Customer Admins)
getcybertraining.com (notifications for Customer Users, and Partner-Customer Users)
customerrequestdepartment.com (phishing simulation domain)
customerassistance.co (phishing simulation domain)
benefitsenrollmentcenter.com (phishing simulation domain)
invoicefulfillment.com (phishing simulation domain)
yoursupportrequest.com (phishing simulation domain)
recordsconfirmation.com (phishing simulation domain)
passwordconfirmation.com (phishing simulation domain)
responseconfirmation.com (phishing simulation domain)
user-signin.com (phishing simulation domain)
customerassistance.email (phishing simulation domain)
againstphishing.com (training domain)
*Note as a best practice you should only need to whitelist the IP addresses, but some tools will ask you to white list IP’s and domain
If your cloud based spam filter or other services require you to whitelist email headers, please contact us at email@example.com
Whitelisting instructions for Barracuda:
- First, log onto the Barracuda’s Email Security Gateway web portal*.
- Go to option Block/Accept > Select IP Filters option.
- Under “Allowed IP Address” selection please add following IP addresses in the IP / Network address field:
IP Addresses : 126.96.36.199; 188.8.131.52; 184.108.40.206
- For Netmask field, type IP 255.255.255.255
- Add comment - “Symbol Security Phishing Test IP” or something similar
- Click “Add” to save the Configuration.
- Once the configuration is propagated. Please try sending a test email from your symbolsecurity.com portal to your company test email.
*If the instructions have changed please review Barracuda's knowledge base to review the process of whitelisting IP.
Barracuda’s Intent Analysis Feature can skew results:
Please note you might need to whitelist Symbol Security in Barracuda's Intent Analysis feature to prevent the URLs in simulated phishing tests from being altered, and potentially resulting in skewed phishing test results. Please review the following article from Barracuda:
The Barracuda Email Security Service applies the following forms of Intent Analysis to inbound mail, including real-time and multi-level intent analysis.
- Intent Analysis – Markers of intent, such as URLs, are extracted and compared against a database maintained by Barracuda Central.
- Real-Time Intent Analysis – For new domain names that may come into use, Real-Time Intent Analysis involves performing DNS lookups against known URL block lists.
- Multilevel Intent Analysis – Use of free websites to redirect to known spammer websites is a growing practice used by spammers to hide or obfuscate their identity from mail scanning techniques such as Intent Analysis. Multilevel Intent Analysis involves inspecting the results of Web queries to URLs of well-known free websites for redirections to known spammer sites.
Intent Analysis can be enabled or disabled on the Inbound Settings > Anti-Phishing page. Domains found in the body of email messages can also be blocked based on or exempt from Intent Analysis on that page. See also Anti-Fraud and Anti-Phishing Protection .
If you’d like to spoof your own domain in simulated phishing tests, you can exempt Trusted Forwarder IP addresses from SPF checks. Please review the following article from Barracuda: