Domain and Email Threat Alerting enables your company to gain awareness and take action if your domain or users have information that has been found on the dark web.
By providing us your domain, we can scan it and review if you or your users have compromised data on the Dark Web. In order to enable this feature you need to contact our Sales Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org given this implementation has an extra cost on your subscription.
Domain Threat Alerts
By enabling the Domain and Email Threat Alerting feature on your company you will be able to see a list of all possible domain threats and variants similar to your original domain. On each domain threat you can see information like:
- IP Address (IP where the domain is registered).
- Breach type (There are multiple breach types like: subdomain, addition, insertion, omission, transposition and more...).
- Register By (Here we display the name of the person/company who own the domain).
- Status (Statuses can vary depending on the action you take on them, there are 4 types of statuses: Pending, Inactive, Overdue and Reviewed).
Email Threat Alerts
As well as having access to all your domain threats, Symbol also provides you information about which of your users have compromised data on the dark web. On each email credential threat your are able to see information like:
- Threat Name (Here you can see the Website where the data is compromised).
- Threat Date (Date when the threat was reported).
- Type (Here you can see what kind of information has been compromised by that user).
- Status (Statuses can vary depending on the action you take on them, there are 4 types of statuses: Action Needed, AUP, Overdue and Resolved).
When importing the Threat Alert Information to your company, all users in your list with email credential threats will be notified via email, this email will contain information about the data compromised and with instructions to take action on them from the LMS (Training Portal).
If you don't want to notify users about these threats, you just need to disable Domain and Email Threat Alerting notifications on your company.
Both domain breaches and user threats data is reflected on the Dashboard and your Boardroom Report.S Symbol is the author of this solution article.